I’ve mastered a few things now while travelling as a raw vegan. These are my tips for short road trips.
Click on picture below for the video…
1. Blend dates ahead of time – 50 dates or more!
2. Blend apples mixed with Chai spices ahead of time.
3. Freeze your favorite smoothies ahead of time, and drink as they thaw out.
4. Take 4 or more big pitchers of blended drinks, blended dates, blended apples, and anything that you won’t be able to blend on the road.
5. Easy to travel fruits – figs, cherimoyas, oranges, apples, bananas.
6. Grocery store to fill in the rest – get your lettuce, guacamoles, salsas, etc.
7. Patience and grace for the journey and the imperfections!
8. Eating at restaurant tips:
✿ Order a big salad with all the ingredients you see on the menu that work for you.
✿ Order a smoothie (non dairy, just fruit) for your dressing.
✿ Tell the waitress you have dietary restrictions or issues.
✿ You can even offer to write down what you CAN have, or carry around with you something pre-written. (One waitress ASKED ME to write down what I could have.)
✿ Pick restaurants that are not very tempting for you (to revert back to SAD ways of eating). I pick seafood places or a TGI Fridays accommodates me well.
My video playlist on my YouTube Channel shows what I’ve chosen while traveling by plane or car.